Contents Cover Limits
Cover Standard Policy Limit Contents Cover Maximum Claim Limit £80,000 High Risk Property In The Home 33% of the Contents sum insured Business Equipment Cover £5,000 Business Equipment Single Item Limit £2,000 Contents In The Open, Within The Boundary Of The Home £1,000 (limit for any one item £300) Personal Money £200 Credit Cards £1,000 Deeds & Documents £500 Meteed Oil Or Water £2,000 Theft Of Contents From An Outbuilding Or Garage £1,000 Theft Of Contents From A Secured Outbuilding Or Garage £2,500 Public & Personal Liability £2,000,000 Liability For Domestic Employees £10,000,000 Tenants Liability 20% of the Contents sum insured Unpaid Damages £2,000,000 Contents Temporarily Removed 20% of the Contents sum insured Rent & Alternative Accommodation 20% of the Contents sum insured Replacement Locks & Keys £250 Household Removal Contents Sum Insured Fatal Injury £5,000 Shopping In Transit £400 Compulsary Evacuation Alternative Accommodation £500 Downloaded Data £500 Personal Legal Protection For Contract Disputes £50,000
Optional Cover Extensions
Cover Standard Policy Limit Accidental Damage Contents Sum Insured Accidental Breakage Contents Sum Insured Freezer Food £250 Personal Belongings Away From The Home Choice of £1,000 – £10,000 Maximum Single Item Limit (Unspecified) £2,000 (all items over £2,000 must be specified) Cover For Personal Belongings Away From The Home (Specified) Maximum item limit £10,000. Maximum overall limit £10,000 Pedal Cycles Maximum item limit of £1,000 per cycle Mobile Phone Cover Maximum item limit £2,500 per phone. £15,000 limit per policy. Personal Legal Protection For Employment, Property, Personal Injury, Tax, Legal Defense And Identity Theft £50,000
Standard Policy Excess Amounts
Cause Excess Amount Standard Policy Excess £100 Escape Of Water £250
For Policy claims please call 0344 854 2076
How to make a claim
If you are aware of an incident that might give rise to a claim or you need to make a claim, you must do the following as soon as possible: Call our claims helpline on 0344 854 2076 to report the incident.
- Tell the police as soon as reasonably possible if something is lost or if you suspect theft or malicious damage.
- Take all practical steps to get back any property which has been lost.
- If we have asked you to fill in a claim form, send this back to us, with everything we have asked for, within 30 days of us sending it to you.
- Immediately send us any written claim which is made against you, and give us full details of any verbal claims made against you.
- Take reasonable action to protect the property from loss or damage.
You must not:
- throw away, get rid of or destroy items that are damaged until we say so;
- admit or deny responsibility for any incident; or
- negotiate or settle any claims made against you by anyone else, unless we agree in writing that you can.
We can negotiate, defend or settle, in your name and on your behalf any claims made against you. We can also take legal action in your name but for our benefit to get back any payment we have made under this policy.
It is a condition precedent to the Insurer’s liability to pay any claim under the policy that you pay the premium.
If you do not pay the premium, the insurer will not be liable to pay any claims under this policy.
Tenants Contents Insurance
Underwritten by Ageas, the Cavere Tenants Contents Insurance product is designed specifically with the residential tenant in mind.
Ageas is an international insurance group ranked among the top 20 insurance companies in Europe, with key markets in Europe and Asia, and a heritage spanning more than 190 years.