Home Insurance (RSA)

Underwritten by RSA, Cavere Home Insurance is rated 5 star by both Defaqto and the Moneyfacts Group, two of the leading independent researchers of financial products in the UK.

With a 300 year heritage, RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational quoted insurance groups.

They have major operations in the UK, Scandinavia, Canada, Ireland, Asia and the Middle East, Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe and the capability to write business in around 140 countries. Focusing on general insurance, they have around 19,000 employees and, in 2014, their net written premiums were £7.5 billion.

  • Buildings Cover Limits

    Causes CoveredStandard Policy Limit
    Buildings Cover Maximum Claim Limit£1,000,000
    Alternative Accommodation20% of the maximum claim limit for buildings
    Replacement Locks & Keys£750
    Removal of Squatters£10,000
    Trace & Access£5000
    Property Owners Liability£2,000,000
    Trees, Shrubs, Plants and Lawns£1000

    Contents Cover Limits

    Causes CoveredStandard Policy Limit
    Contents Cover Maximum Claim Limit£75,000
    Theft of Contents from an Outbuilding or Garage£3,000
    Loss of Metered oil or waterUp to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Occcupiers & Personal Liability£2,000,000
    Employers Liability£10,000,000
    Tenants liability20% of the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Contents temporarily removedUp to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Rent & Alternative Accommodation20% of the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Replacement locks & keys£750
    Wedding/Birthday and Religious increase£3,000
    Visitors Personal Belongings£500
    Tenants Improvements20% of the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Students BelongingsUp to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Business Equipment (Clerical)Up to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Title Deeds & Personal Documents£1,000
    Freezer FoodUp to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Money in the Home£500
    Credit Cards in the Home£500
    Total unspecified High Risk items Limit/Valuables£25,000
    Single unspecified High Risk item limit/Valuables£2,500
    Single specified item limit£5000
    Contents in the open (within the property boundaries)£2,000
    Electronic Data Downloads£2,500

    Optional Cover Extensions

    Causes CoveredBuildingsContentsStandard Policy Limits
    Accidental Damage CoverYYUp to the Buildings or Contents Maximum Claim limit
    Home Emergency coverYY£1,000 per claim
    Personal legal ProtectionYY£50,000

    Optional Personal Belongings Cover

    Unspecified Personal BelongingsPolicy Limit Specified Personal BelongingsPolicy Limit
    Maximum Unspecified sum insured£20,000 Total Maximum Specified Personal Belongings£20,000
    Single Item limit (Non Cycle)£2,500 Single Specified Limit (Non Cycle)£10,000
    Single Item Limit (Cycles)£500 Maximum Combined Unspecified and specified£20,000
    Personal Money£500 Single Specified Limit (Cycles)£3000
    Credit Cards£500 Maximum All Specified Cycles£5,000
    Mobile PhonesUp to chosen PB cover limit Maximum number of Cycles5

    Standard Policy Excess Amounts

    Standard policy Excess£100
    Escape of Water£250
    Subsidence, Heave or Landslip£1,000
  • For Policy claims please call 0345 0724386

    How to make a claim

    If you need to make a claim, what you need most of all is speedy, professional, practical help. That is exactly what we provide.
    When an accident happens, you should take any immediate action you think is necessary to protect your property and belongings from further damage, such as switching off the gas, electricity or water.

    Call our claims helpline on the number shown on your schedule. Please have your policy number handy when you call. While most claims can be agreed over the phone, there may be times when we will ask you to complete a claim form and provide us with further information and/or we may wish to arrange a visit and inspection.

    To help us deal with your claim quickly, please read the policy booklet carefully, particularly
    the Claims conditions and Policy exclusions on pages 12 to 17.

Product Downloads

  • Policy Wording

    A PDF copy of your full policy terms & conditions

    View Download
  • Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

    A PDF summary of the policy features

    View Download

Speak to our business development team

Call for further information on any of our products +44(0) 1904 476090

Book a call back View all products