Buildings Cover Limits
Cover Standard Policy Limit Minimum sum insured £75,000 Maximum Sum insured £750,000 Increased metered water charges £750 Loss of rent/ or other costs of alternative accomodation 20% of buildings sum insured for losses incurred in a 12 month period Trace & access cover £5,000
Landlords Contents Cover Limits
Cover Standard Policy Limit Minimum sum insured £5,000 Maximum Sum insured £50,000 Cost of alternative accomodation 20% of contents sum insured Trace & access cover £5,000 Legal Liability to the public £2,000,000
Optional Cover Extensions
Cover Standard Policy Limit Landlords legal Liability £2,000,000 – option to increase to £5,000,000 Landlords legal Expenses cover £50,000 Rent arrears indemnity option Up to £2,500 per month
Standard Policy Excess Amounts
Cause Excess Amount Standard Policy Excess £200 Escape Of Water £1,000 Subsidence, heave or Landslip claims £1,000 Tenant type: Housing association or Asylum seeker £250
For Policy claims please call 0344 412 4180
How to make a claim
Claims procedure and conditions
Applicable to all sections of this policy
If you do need to make a claim under this policy you must do the following:
- Provide us with full details of your claim as soon as possible after the event and always within 30 days.
- Immediately notify the police following loss or damage by theft, attempted theft, malicious damage,violent disorder, riots or civil commotion and obtain the Crime Reference Number.
- Take all steps necessary to reduce further loss, damage or injury.
- Provide us with all information and evidence, including written estimates and proof of ownership and that we may request.
- Do not under any circumstances effect full repairs without our prior consent.
- Do not under any circumstances admit, negotiate or settle any claim without our permission in writing.
On receipt of a notification of a claim we may do the following:
- Enter any building following loss or damage.
- Negotiate, defend or settle any claim made against you.
- Prosecute in your name for our benefit any other person in respect of any claim we may have to pay.
- Appoint a loss adjuster to handle the claim on our behalf.
- Arrange to repair the damage to the building and handle any salvage appropriately.
You must not:
- Throw away, get rid of or destroy items that are damaged until we say so;
- admit or deny responsibility for any incident; or
- negotiate or settle any claims made against you by anyone else, unless we agree in writing that you can.
Target Market Statement
Landlords Let Property Insurance
What customer need is met by this product?
This product is designed to provide financial protection for buildings and/or contents against certain events and catastrophes (such as fire, flood, theft, or malicious damage).
Who is this product designed for?
Individual or corporate landlords residing in the United Kingdom for more than 183 days per year and looking to insure their let properties.
- Have not had insurance cancelled, declined or declared void
- Have not been convicted of any criminal offence (other than motoring offences)
- Be over 18 years old
The property must:
- not be used for any trade, professional or business purposes other than clerical work
- not be left unoccupied for more than 30 days in a row
- not be showing any sign of subsidence or ever had any damage caused to it by subsidence, landslip or heave
Who is this product not designed to support, or are there any features that you should be aware of when considering this product for your customer?
Customers looking to insure buildings for more than £750k or contents valuing over £50k in total value.
Claims will not be covered for cases of wear and tear or for undamaged items that are part of a set or suite.
Claims will not be covered for any damage to buildings and/or contents that the tenant has been made liable for under the terms of their tenancy agreement.
Theft claims will only be covered where there is a forcible and violent entry or exit.
Theft and vandalism claims will not be covered where damage was caused by the tenant.
No cover for accidental damage caused by domestic pets.
Can this product be sold with or without advice?
This product can be sold with or without advice depending on your preference and in line with FCA regulations.
How can I offer this product to my customer?
This product can be sold face to face, via telephone, or online application.
Optional add-on covers:
In addition to the answers above, the table of responses below applies to the given optional add-on covers which are only available when taken out with a Landlords insurance policy covering either Buildings and/or Contents.
Optional cover What need is met by this product? Who is it designed for? Who is it not designed to support or features to be aware of? Accidental Damage (Buildings) This product is designed to provide financial protection if the buildings are accidentally damaged in the home. Customers who want their buildings cover to include wider protection for accidents. Customers who are not insuring their Buildings under the Landlords insurance policy. Accidental Damage (Contents) This product is designed to provide financial protection if any contents are accidentally damaged in the home. Customers who want their contents cover to include wider protection for accidents. Customers who are not insuring their Contents under the Landlords insurance policy. Legal Liability This product is designed to provide financial protection against legal liabilities of accidental death or injury arising from owning the property Individual and corporate landlords wanting financial protection against liabilities. Bodily injury or death to any person engaged in the landlord’s service or part of their family or household. Legal Expenses This product is designed to provide personal legal advice/funding for:
- damage to or unlawful possession of the property;
- legal defence of letting the property that leads to being prosecuted in criminal court; or
- hotel expenses while trying to regain possession
Individual and corporate landlords who are seeking help and advice on a legal matter relating to their property. Claims will not be covered where the tenant reference has not been obtained or they do not meet affordability requirements Rent Arrears Indemnity This product is designed to provide cover for loss of rent up to vacant possession whilst cover is being provided to regain repossession of the property. Individual and corporate landlords who want financial protection against non-payment of rent in arrears by tenants. Claims will not be covered where the tenant reference has not been obtained or they do not meet affordability requirements.
The maximum monthly rent payment is £2,500 and will not be paid for longer 12 months.
Home Emergency This product is designed to provide financial protection against sudden and unexpected events in the home which, if not dealt with quickly, would render the home unsafe or insecure, cause further damage to the home, or cause personal risk. Customers who want to be protected against home emergencies. Boilers must be under 10 years old and serviced at least annually to be eligible for claim.
Landlords Let Property Insurance
Underwritten by Ageas, the Cavere Landlords let Property product is designed to cover residential let properties.
Ageas is an international insurance group ranked among the top 20 insurance companies in Europe, with key markets in Europe and Asia, and a heritage spanning more than 190 years.